ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE AT SKUKUZA RESTCAMP
Delegates may use the following details for booking accommodation:
- Tel: +27 12 426 5111
- Please quote the conference name and reservation number R5441696 when booking.
Skukuza Restcamp Gallery
- Cancellation policy: We adhere to, and are bound by the cancellation policies of Sanparks. Should cancellation occur less than 8 weeks prior to the due date of the conference opening, the delegate will incur a 100% cancellation fee on accommodation.
- Accommodation in the Kruger Park is functional and comfortable. The emphasis is not on the accommodation, but on the incredible location.
- Registration fees include: Conference bag and documentation, welcome function, lunches, tea and coffee, evening functions, Gala dinner and site visits.
- The Kruger National Park is an endemic malaria area: www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/tourism/malaria/
- Remember to bring mosquito repellent with you as an added precaution. Malaria risk can be reduced by using mosquito sprays and wearing long sleeve shirts and long pants in the evenings.
- You are also advised to bring sunscreen, binoculars, camera, torch and bush-coloured clothing if you plan to go on a bush walk.
- Also remember to pack an international plug point adapter. South African plug points are three-pin, rounded plugs and take plug types C, D, M & N.
- Please remember that apart from the daily lunch, refreshments during the conference breaks and the evening functions have been included in your registration fee, delegates need to cater for themselves. The camp has a restaurant and a take-away facility as well as a grocery store, if you wish to use the cooking facilities in the accommodation.
- The restaurant will be open from 07h00 – 22h00 daily. Estimated costs for meals depending on your order; breakfast from R45 – R100, lunch from R45 – R130 and dinner from R45 – R160 excluding drinks.
- The ATM in Skukuza will be open on Monday to Friday as well as Saturday morning. Please also come prepared in case the ATM is not working. The restaurant and shop do accept credit cards. NB: The conference organizers do not have credit card facilities on site, so please make sure that all conference-related payments are made in advance or you can make prior arrangements should you wish to process a credit card transaction for any outstanding payments. This can be arranged. Please let us know.
- The camp itself offers morning and evening game drives, and morning walks. Game drives and walks can be booked in advance or on arrival at the registration desk (depending on availability). The name of the contact person for the game drives will be available in due course.
- On arrival at the gate, please mention that you are attending the Postharvest Pathology conference at Skukuza. The reservation number of this booking will be forwarded to you at a later stage.
- The standard daily conservation fees payable when entering the park do not apply for conference participants. Please note that accompanying persons not attending the conference do need to pay the daily conservation fee which is payable directly to the Park.
- Please do not expect high speed internet from the available WiFi hotspot at the conference centre. Connections will also be available from the Internet Café. You will be able to connect with your own computer or use the Internet Café's computer. For conference delegates WiFi is free, other guests pay per half an hour. Please enquire on registration. You will also be able to connect on your own computer using your own internet modem.
- For more information visit: www.sanparks.org